In QuickBooks Pro and Enterprise, you can manage your IC payments easily via Manage 1099 contractors. The IC means Independent Contractors that are not your employees. You do hire contractors who are non-employees and tend to do one project at a time and have to complete it in a specific period. These types of contractors can also be freelancers and consultants. You can also add them as your vendors in the QuickBooks 2020 pro and enterprise accounts.
You must know the IC payments that include all payments that are related to your loan. The IC payment chase is the payments you are paying as the borrower because of the loan taken. All these transactions need to be imported into your QuickBooks account to maintain the finances.
The 1099n forms that you paid in the previous tax year need to be mailed to the contractor before January ends. You can also mail it to the IRS with the Form 1096 forms before the end of February. If you are an e-file service user of QuickBooks then you have to download it and then mail it to your contractors as mentioned above before the time ends.
You have to make the records organized which makes everything simple for you. Set up the expense tracking of the IC (Independent Contractors) properly. Here are the things that you need to do:-
What is the Icpayment on the Bank Statement?
The information coefficient (IC) is a measure used to evaluate the skill of an investment analyst or an active portfolio manager. The information coefficient shows how closely the analysts' financial forecasts match actual financial results.
For Setting up the 1099-MISC Tracking for Contractors
- You have to categorize the ICs as Vendors in QuickBooks. They are individuals so you need to pay them individually according to their work.
- You need to add the contractor manually in the expenses as the new vendor.
- To add the contractor newly from the bill form or expense add it as the payee on the form
- Click on the Add new option and then click on the Details option
- There is also a one-click solution
- This solution shows the right vendor when it is time to file the 1099
- So, if you are on the vendor page that has all its information
- You have to add the Tax ID
- Then, check the box named Track payments for 1099.
Set up the New Expense Account
- The ICs (Independent Contractors) are the individuals who are not your employees but do service for you
- Set-up the expense account is important for paying the contractors so that a record is mentioned
- Take care that you don’t mix the contractor's expenses with employees' expenses
- Create the expense account and open it from the accounting
- Then go to the Chart of Accountants
- You have to name the account as the Contractor Payments or anything else you want to give
- Do click on Expenses as the category type
- In Detail Type, click on the Cost of Labor.
This Read: QuickBooks Pro Timer Download
If You Have Never Tracked the Information For 1099-MISCs in QuickBooks
- If you are treating a contractor as a vendor and now you want to designate it as the contractor
- Edit the account information of that vendor
- Check the box Track Payments for 1099
- So that it reflects in the correct list
- To categorize all the previous transactions that you have done
- Sent all the payments by categorizing them to the Contractor Expenses.
Prepare the 1099s in your QuickBooks
- Now see that everything is correct and in order
- To prepare the 1099-MISCs, click on the Expenses
- Then click on the tab named Vendors
- Select the Prepare 1099s
- After that click on the Let’s get started
- Now in the Accounts
- Click on the Non-employee compensation
- Select the account you have to pay in that account
- As you see, everything is organized properly.
- Now you have to e-file the form or you can print it and mail them
- You have to print the tax form correctly and fill it then send it to the contractors.