QuickBooks TLG Data Recovery
QuickBooks TLG Data Recovery - How It Works?
Has your QuickBooks .QBW file disappeared or become misplaced? Did your QuickBooks data file accidentally end up in the recycle bin? Don't panic if your .TLG file is still intact; by reapplying the .TLG file to a previous backup, you can achieve a full recovery!
To retrieve all the lost data, the QuickBooks TLG Recovery Service replays the information from the Transactional Log File (TLG) into a prior backup (QBB or QBM) or a duplicate (QBW) of the data file.
Are you a QuickBooks user relying on Intuit Data Services to salvage data from damaged or corrupted QuickBooks data files? The recovery process can be time-consuming, leaving you without access to your data for days. However, QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery (ADR) offers a rapid solution for data recovery in cases of loss or corruption. Intuit recommends using the ADR feature only after attempting other appropriate troubleshooting solutions.
QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery (ADR): What Is It and How Does It Work?
QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery (ADR) is an embedded recovery feature within QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT). It facilitates the retrieval and restoration of lost QuickBooks data by executing one of the following actions:
- Utilizing the latest Transaction Log (.TLG Log) file and a copy of the Company file (.QBW) to restore recent transactions.
- Employing both a copy of the .QBW file and .TLG file to recover all data, excluding transactions performed within the last few hours.
Before we delve into the data recovery solutions offered by ADR, here are some essential points to consider:
- The ADR feature is accessible in QuickBooks Pro, Premier, and Enterprise Editions for Windows but is unavailable in Accountant Editions.
- Remember that QuickBooks cannot generate an ADR file exceeding 1.5 Gigabytes. Suppose you must recover data from a corrupted backup file larger than 1.5 GB. In that case, you might consider using a specialized QuickBooks data recovery tool capable of repairing and recovering backup files of any size.
- Ensure your QuickBooks Desktop is updated with the latest updates installed.
Solutions for Recovering QuickBooks Data Using the Auto Data Recovery Tool
There are two primary solutions for recovering QuickBooks data using the ADR tool:
Solution 1 – Using the.TLG File with the .QBW.adr File to Recover Recent Transactions
Follow these steps:
- Create a new folder on your Windows desktop (let's call it QBTest).
- Locate the Folder where your company file is stored. If you need clarification about the file's location, access the 'Product Information' screen and then the 'No Company Open Window' to find it.
- Within the company file's Folder, search for a .tlg file with the same name as the company file. If you don't find a file with a .tlg extension, follow these steps to display file extensions: Open File Explorer (Windows+E), click Organize and choose Folder and search options. For Windows 10, 8.1 & 8 systems, click View, select File name extension, uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types," click Apply, and then OK.
- Copy your company's Transaction Log (.TLG) file and paste it into the QBTest folder created earlier.
- Access the QuickBooksAutoDataRecovery folder in the same directory as your company (QBW) file.
- Copy and paste the .QBW.adr file into the QBTest folder.
- Creating both a .TLG and .QBW.adr file in the QBTest folder.
- Right-click the newly renamed QBW.adr file in the QBTest folder and choose Rename. Delete ".adr" from the end of the file name.
Solution 2 – Using Copies of Company Files and Transaction Log Files to Recover Transactions
- Launch QuickBooks and access the company file located in the QBTest folder.
- Utilize your account register to confirm the presence of all transactions.
- Proceed to assess the integrity of the recovered data by navigating to File > Utilities > Verify Data.
- If the duplicate of the company file contains the desired data, relocate the corrupted company file (QBW) to a separate location.
- Finally, save the QBW file copy from QBTest to its original location.
All transactions except the last 12 hours of transactions can be recovered by using the .QBW.adr and .TLG.adr files. To do this, follow these steps:
- Create a new folder, such as QBTest, on your desktop.
- Within the Folder containing the QBW file, search for the QuickBooksAutoDataRecovery folder.
- In the QuickBooksAutoDataRecovery folder, locate the .TLG.adr and .QBW.adr files bearing the same name as the company file.
- If you can't identify the .QBW.adr and .TLG.adr files, they might be hidden, necessitating a change to file extensions display settings.
- Copy and paste the .TLG.adr and .QBW.adr files into the QBTest folder.
- Remove ".adr" from the end of the Transaction Log and Company file names in the QBTest folder.
- Open QuickBooks® and access your company file within the QBTest folder. Verify the presence of all transactions through your account register.
- Use the Verify Data utility (File > Utilities > Verify Data) to check the accuracy of the recovered file's data.
If the copy of the company file in the QBTest folder contains the data you require, move the corrupted QBW file to a different location and save the composition of the QBW file from QBTest to its original location.
Additional Steps for Recovering Lost QuickBooks Data
If QuickBooks Auto Data File Recovery falls short in restoring the lost data, consider using SMB Repair for QuickBooks Software. This tool can repair severely corrupted company files (QBW) and backup files (QBB), quickly recovering all data. SMB Repair for QuickBooks Software supports QuickBooks versions from 2021, 2020, 2019, and earlier.
Steps to Recover Lost Data using SMB Repair for QuickBooks Software:
- Launch the software, opening its main interface window with options to 'Browse' or 'Find' the corrupted QuickBooks QBW file.
- After selecting the file for repair, click 'Scan.' A 'Scan Log' dialog box will display details of present and deleted items in the Company, Customers, Vendors, and Employees. Click 'OK.'
- The software will preview recoverable Company file data from your QBW file. To preview recoverable data of Customers, Vendors, and Employees, click on the respective tabs.
- After verifying the recoverable data's integrity in the preview window, click 'Save' to save the recovered file. In the 'Save File' window, click 'Browse' to choose a location for saving the new company file with the recovered data. Alternatively, you can select a QuickBooks backup file (QBB) for improved data recovery. Save the recovered data by clicking the 'Save' button, which will be saved in the selected location.
Auto Data Recovery is an integral feature of QuickBooks Desktop designed to recover lost or corrupted data from QB files swiftly. It relies on a Transaction Log (.TLG) file and a backup copy of the Company file (.QBW) to restore recent transactions. Please be aware that ADR may only function if you have a copy of your company file and can recover data from QBB files exceeding 1.5 GB. For robust data recovery, consider using SMB Repair for QuickBooks Software, a purpose-built tool capable of recovering data from corrupted QBW and QBB files, regardless of size.
Get Help to Recover Your Lost QuickBooks File by Using TLG Data Recovery
QuickBooks is very usable software for all types of businesses. It can be very difficult to store and manage business data because there can be data like client information, item information, and business transaction details. The QuickBooks makes it simple and easy to manage all the data of the business. it is the best accounting software for small businesses.
- If you are also using the QuickBooks for the account management of your business, you know the importance and value of the QuickBooks files. The files contain all the data and important account information of the business.
- If the .QBW file is deleted by mistake or it has been lost from the system, it can be a very big problem for you. You can take the services of TLG Data Recovery Service providers to recover your lost file.
- The .QBW files of QuickBooks can be easily recovered now with the help of your .TLG file in your system. The TLG file is very important if you want to recover the deleted or lost file. You will also need the last backup of the file.
Get the Recovery Services to Get your Files Back:
The backup of the files is very important for the QuickBooks. If you are using this software, you should take the backup from time to time for the safety of your data. If you have deleted the .QBW file of QuickBooks data then it can be recovered easily.
You can take the services of the online service providers for the TLG data recovery. They will need the TLG file and the old backup of the lost file for the recovery. You can upload the files to get the data recovery services.
The data recovery service providers will use these both files for the full recovery of your lost data and the file. They will replay the information of TLG file in the old backup file and then they will recover all the missing data. It is an easy process and you do not have to make so many efforts to get your missing file back.
They will make the new file which will have all your old data that was missing. They provide a secure download link and you can easily download the new file to get your data back. So now you can get all your data back if you lost it by mistake.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the QuickBooks transaction log file, and what purpose does it serve?
When is the QuickBooks transaction log file reset, and how can it impact QuickBooks performance?
What is QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery (ADR)?
In which QuickBooks versions is ADR available?
Is there a size limit for ADR files and alternative options for larger files?
What is a QuickBooks QBW TLG file?
Is it safe to delete QuickBooks TLG file?
How do I reduce the size of a TLG file?