QuickBooks Desktop has various functionalities that assist clients with the understanding they are in general monetary status, one such element is trading the budget report architect for a Microsoft Excel worksheet. QuickBooks here and there experiences mistake 1311 while trading the budget summary to the dominant file, and a similar blunder additionally emerges while installing the QuickBooks Desktop application utilizing a CD. Here we have recorded a couple of straightforward advances that you call to follow to dispose of QuickBooks installation blunder 1311. Try to follow the whole article to become familiar with the blunder-causing reasons and complete the investigating data.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 1311 & How to Fix It?
Whenever QuickBooks Error Code 1311 occurs, it simply means that
You may also face this error message when you install or update QuickBooks Desktop if you try to run the installation from a CD drive or any disk and the installation is stopped due to some problem.
Possible Reasons & Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 1311
A couple of misconfigurations and shortcomings cause QuickBooks to show the error message "QuickBooks Error 1311: "Source file not discovered (filename). Confirm that the file exists and that you can get to it" are recorded underneath:
- Damaged or corrupted QuickBooks installation file.
- There is damage to the Microsoft Office program installed on Windows.
- The QuickBooks Desktop application isn't viable with the Office version installed on Windows.
- Damaged installation CD or the CD-ROM drive.
How to Resolve The Quickbooks Error Code 1311
- First, insert the QuickBooks Installation CD into the CD-ROM Drive. You need to Quit the installation process if it starts automatically.
- Now, right-click on the Windows button and click on Explore Now.
- Now, create a folder on any easily accessible location from your hard drive where you have to paste the files from the CD. Now, copy all the files from the CD and paste those files to that location. I.e. you have created a folder on the Desktop of the system and named it QuickBooks.
- Now, Open QuickBooks CD ROM --> Right-click on it and Explore.
- Now, click on it to open Setup.exe files.
- Now, copy the files from the Host Location and paste them onto the desktop where you have created the folder with the name QuickBooks.
- Now, install QuickBooks from the folder where you have copied QuickBooks from CD.
- Open the folder that you have created on your desktop.
- Now, to start the installation process, double-click on the item and start it.
- Now, follow all the instructions on the screen and complete the installation process.
Method 2: Folle the steps to restrict the CD-ROM Access to Local Users to fix this error
- In the first step, Press Windows + R type Control Panel in the Run window, and hit Enter.
- Then, you have to choose the service Tools
- Hit the click the rundown to get the Local Security Policy choice.
- Presently select the Local Policy Folder by growing the rundown.
- Pick the Security Options and select the Microsoft Windows version you are utilizing.
- Select Restrict CD-ROM admittance to local clients just alternative and exit.
Point to be Noted: Make sure you have Microsoft Office 2000 or later installed on Windows as any past version isn't upheld by QuickBooks Financial Reports.
Method 3: Another way to fix it is to check the Compatibility of Microsoft Office with QuickBooks
- First of all, Press the Windows + R and type Control Panel.
- Press OK and then, you have to choose the Add or Remove Programs.
- Double-tap Microsoft Office and select Repair to fix any installation mistake
- If you have an obsolete version of Office installed, visit the Microsoft Official Download Page to get the most recent version.
You can get in touch with us via various modes of connectivity. You can visit our Website smbaccountants.com and find all the information and solutions. You can also have Live Chat Support with our Team or ProAdvisor.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the indications of QuickBooks error code 1311?
- An error message pops up on your Windows screen
- Repeatedly failure of QuickBooks Desktop installation with a company disk
- QuickBooks completely freezes whenever you try to export a file to any media
- Users are not able to export one or multiple reports from QB FSD to Microsoft Excel.
What are the possible methods to fix QuickBooks error code 1311?
- Use Command Prompt
- Copying files to Hard Drive and then trying to install QuickBooks updates
- Changing Access to CD-ROM
- Reinstalling the CS4 application
- Verifying Microsoft Office compatibility
- Make use of Photoshop Elements Disc
How to check for compatibility issues between QuickBooks and Microsoft Office?
- First, press the Windows + R keys to open the Run Command
- Type Control Panel within the open Run window
- Hit OK or press Enter
- Next, choose the Add or Remove Programs
- Make double-click on the Microsoft Office within the list
- At last, select the option “Repair to fix any installation errors”.