Your business can be of a bigger scale or a small in-house business can also work successfully. At some point, you will have to deal with certain commercial transactions. Whether it can be purchasing raw materials or delivering them to the end user; all of it counts and is eligible to be named as invoices.
In layman's terms, it can be considered as a bill you send when someone owes you a payment. Not only this, but the invoice usually outlines the terms and conditions of the deal. Invoice maintenance will keep you informed of cash inflow and outflow. By maintaining an invoice record, you will have a precise idea of your current investment, expenses, and plans for your business.
Since we already are a part of the digital marketing era, our approach should also be updated. Dealing with invoices can be the least favorite task, but quite a crucial one. One has to handle this with constant vigilance or it will directly impact your business dealings. To save all those long hours of work and a headache, QuickBooks is the best accounting software to go with.
QuickBooks offers ease of operation and will make you fall in love with record keeping as well. Having your data on your tip is always counted as an impressive option. With the help of a cloud-based version, you can send or create invoices for your vendors or suppliers anytime you want with precise accuracy. It is a one-stop solution you can look for in your business. It has been built with a multi-task approach, so it can take care of your record keeping, data, expenses, transactions as well as invoices.
You can track sales, and create or send invoices at any time. It does not matter if you do not have an accounting background. A thorough read-through instructions session is all you require and you will be able to manage your business smartly. And, quick access to your business transactions at any time is another added advantage.
To keep this information handy, you can choose to export the invoices from QuickBooks.
Refer to the Following Steps for the same:
If you have invoices to export from QuickBooks, then you just need to follow the mentioned below steps:
- Sign in to the QuickBooks account
- Click on the Reports tab to get the desired set of report
- Go to the search box and look up the Invoice list, then enter
- You can choose to customize the Report based on date range
- Once you have all the desired information on the page, press the Run Report button.
- Once you reach the reports page, click the Export button
- Choose to Export to Excel
This will export your selected list of invoices to an Excel sheet where you can make further changes if required.
In case, you need to send multiple invoices:
- Login to your QuickBooks account and go to the Sales Menu.
- Click Sales and then select the All Sales tab button.
- Tick all the transactions you want to export, email, or print.
- Select Batch actions and then choose Print transactions or Send transactions.
Here are Some Reasons and Instructions For Exporting Invoices From QuickBooks to Excel.
- Exporting invoices from QuickBooks to applications such as Excel can provide significant benefits for small businesses.
- This process offers efficiency and can expedite payment receipts.
- Additionally, it is a cost-effective solution that offers various features, including design options and invoice tracking.
- Moreover, it simplifies the task of recordkeeping.
- The following article aims to assist business owners and professionals in learning the process of exporting invoices from QuickBooks accounting software.
For decades, QuickBooks has held its position as the leading accounting software in the industry. Its popularity among small business owners and accountants stems from its exceptional recordkeeping capabilities, report generation, and efficient invoice creation and delivery. It comes as no surprise that QuickBooks has earned its place as one of the top invoicing platforms in our QuickBooks review, as it remains the preferred accounting software for the vast majority of small business owners.
It's important to know why you might want to export invoices from QuickBooks, as well as how you can export invoices into Microsoft Excel from both QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop. Regardless of whether you use the personal or business version of Microsoft 365, you should be able to export invoices smoothly from QuickBooks to Excel.
Reasons to Invoice in QuickBooks
There are several reasons why QuickBooks invoices are useful for small business owners:
- Invoices are easy to track. As QuickBooks generates invoices and integrates them into your records, you can track outstanding invoices and keep an updated accounts receivable balance. QuickBooks won't delete your invoices without your permission.
- It’s efficient. By utilizing the instant email delivery feature and integrated credit card and debit card functionality, you can expect to receive payments at a faster pace compared to traditional invoicing methods that involve mailing out invoices.
- Online invoicing is less expensive. The process of invoicing and payment can be completed primarily online, which eliminates paperwork, manual data entry, and error-prone situations.
Exporting Invoices From QuickBooks
While QuickBooks allows you to store all of your invoices, you may find that it is better to export them to a program like Microsoft Excel for sorting and sharing. Many features are available in spreadsheet applications such as Microsoft Excel that are not currently embedded or accessible in QuickBooks.
QuickBooks invoices are exported to other programs, such as Microsoft Excel, for the following reasons:
- The invoices can be customized and redesigned to include specific company details.
- When multiple users require access to invoices but do not have access to the QuickBooks system, exporting the invoices to Excel provides a convenient solution.
- Exported invoices can be easily saved, printed, or emailed to clients and customers.
- Excel's sorting and organizing functions aid in managing bookkeeping records, while keeping track of outstanding invoices ensures up-to-date accounts receivable information.
- Advanced Excel features like PivotTables and VLOOKUP enable efficient data organization for easy accessibility and meaningful analysis.
How to Export Invoices from QuickBooks Online
Exporting invoices from QuickBooks Online to Excel is a streamlined process that doesn't take much time. The ability to export invoices to Excel allows for convenient sorting of information based on criteria such as customer, product ID, transaction amount, or any other details mentioned on the invoice. Mastering the use of PivotTables and VLOOKUP in Excel ensures efficient management of data, especially for businesses that generate a high volume of invoices on a monthly, quarterly, or yearly basis.
The following information provides a step-by-step guide on how to export invoices from QuickBooks Online to Microsoft Excel. It's important to note that exporting invoices does not remove them from QuickBooks Online; they will still be stored within the system
- Under the list of functions, click Reports.
- In the text box, begin to key in “Invoice list” and hit Enter.
- The "Invoice list" will automatically populate as you type in QuickBooks Online.
You can view a list of all invoices reported through a specific date range here.
- Using Customize, you can change the date range or filter the report.
- Select Export to Excel from the Export function dropdown once the report has been customized.
Excel will now allow you to access your invoices and data.
How to Export Invoices From QuickBooks Pro
Exporting invoices from QuickBooks Pro is as straightforward as it is with QuickBooks Online. To export stored invoices to Microsoft Excel, follow these steps:
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and click on the "Reports" tab.
- In the search text box, enter "Invoice list" and press Enter.
- Under the "Report period" section, apply date filters as needed, and then click on the "Run Report" button.
- Once the report is generated, locate the "Export" button and select "Export to Excel."
How to Automate Exports of Invoices from QuickBooks Online
While it is possible to manually export invoices, the repetitive nature of generating weekly or monthly reports can become overwhelming over time. To streamline this process, a solution like smbaccountants can be of great assistance. This is a tool designed to automate the export of invoices from QuickBooks Online, making the task much more efficient. You can easily export invoices from QuickBooks Online to Excel, eliminating the need for manual intervention. Additionally, Coupler.io offers the capability to connect QuickBooks to BigQuery, further expanding its functionality and integration options. By leveraging Coupler.io, you can simplify and automate the export of invoices, saving time and effort in your reporting tasks.
To automate invoice exports, first create an account, then follow the steps below:
- To create a QuickBooks importer, click on Add Importer.
- Choose your preferred Source and Destination apps.
- For the Source app, choose QuickBooks. The destination app can be Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, or BigQuery. Then, click Proceed.
- Connect your Source account.
- If you are already logged in to QuickBooks, a popup will appear prompting you to click the "Connect" button. Simply click on the "Connect" button to proceed. However, if you are not logged in, please log in to your QuickBooks account and then click the "Connect" button.
- Select the data category to export.
- As you are attempting to export invoices, select the "Invoice" option and click on the "Jump To Destination Settings" button.
- Set up an account at your destination.
- In a popup, you will be prompted to log in to your destination account. Select a workbook and choose a sheet. Click Jump To Schedule Settings.
- Connect a schedule for data refresh.
- Turn off Automatic data refresh and run the importer. Or create a custom export schedule for Quickbooks invoices.
- Click Save and Run.
How to export invoice data without tax from QuickBooks Online
Customers frequently incur sales taxes when making purchases of goods or services, which are typically included in their invoices. However, there may be situations where you wish to export invoices without taxes included.
This functionality enables you to filter invoice data based on specific fields, although it does not provide specific tax-related filtering options. However, this does not pose a problem. You can still utilize Coupler.io to export invoices from QuickBooks Online and subsequently apply data filtering in your destination application. For instance, here's an example of how you can achieve this using Google Sheets:
- Export your data with a sorting filter.
- Find the TxnTaxDetail.TotalTaxOn column – it shows the total amount of tax charged. Unfold the filter drop-down menu and choose Filter by condition. You’ll need to set up the following parameters:
- You can filter out your exported invoice data by other tax fields if necessary:
- The "TotalAmt" field represents the overall amount on an invoice.
- The "GlobalTaxCalculation" field indicates whether tax is excluded, not applicable, or included in the price.
- The "TxnTaxDetail.TaxLine.0.TaxLineDetail.NetAmountTaxable" field displays the net taxable amount.
- The "TxnTaxDetail.TotalTax" field shows the total tax amount charged.
- You can filter out your exported invoice data by other tax fields if necessary:
Need Professional Help?
If you get stuck anywhere in the process, feel free to get in touch with SMB QuickBooks Technical Support Team, Which is available 24/7 on smbaccountants.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I export the invoice template from QB to Excel?