ShopKeep is a simple yet sophisticated solution while on the other hand; QuickBooks is the most used and trusted small business accounting solution. ShopKeep integration with QuickBooks can dramatically increase your business’s overall efficiency. Manually entering data takes time, so anything that helps you automate parts of the accounting process will save you time.
Meanwhile, you can save your money as well. However, trial and error is often a necessary component of successful business growth. The ShopKeep QuickBooks Integration can help you streamline your accounting procedures and decrease human error when moving data from one application to another.
Get the Instant Solution with Live Chat Experts
Are you still not able to resolve your QuickBooks Integration issue? We have a team of QuickBooks Integration experts with years of experience in resolving errors and issues. If you need any help asap, CHAT NOW with our experts.
ShopKeep supports integrations with three versions of QuickBooks allowing for maximum flexibility as your business grows. It sends/uploads shift data to QuickBooks, which includes sales tax, tender totals, refunds, sales, discounts, cash drawer activity, and other things. With a guided setup process in the below write-up discloses step-by-step instructions, ShopKeep makes syncing your QuickBooks account a very smooth process. Let’s begin with some basic information about ShopKeep QuickBooks Integration.
Why do you need to integrate ShopKeep POS with QuickBooks?
Although ShopKeep POS systems have some basic bookkeeping features, as your business grows, it’s critical to invest in accounting software. Keeping proper books and tax records is essential for any business, but it becomes much more critical as the company grows. Integrating with specialized software enhances your company’s potential by integrating the best of all accessible options. The end result can truly be something amazing.
- As you know, time is money, and you’re losing money if you spend too much time trying to reconcile your records. Understanding how to integrate with QuickBooks will not only help you optimize your workflow, but it will also free up time and resources to focus on other aspects of your business that may have been ignored due to your head being buried in the books for too long.
- Even importing and exporting CSV files takes effort and increases the chances of making mistakes. That’s why, if ShopKeep is integrated to your QuickBooks account, ShopKeep sends the appropriate journal entries to QuickBooks every night after you conclude your shift, one for sales and an optional one for cash drawer functions.
Steps for QuickBooks Integration Setup
When ShopKeep and QuickBooks are integrated, your register totals are instantly synced to your QuickBooks account, making it easier to balance your accounts.
Total Time: 25 minutes
Step 1: Add QuickBooks Integration
1. First, sign into the BackOffice as a Business Owner or as an employee with “Manage Account” and “Manage QuickBooks Integration” permissions
2. Next, click on the “Integrations” and then select the “QuickBooks Accounting” option
3. Now, click on the “Add QuickBooks Integration”
4. Perform instructions that appear on your screen to upgrade to a pricing package consisting of QuickBooks Integration.
Step 2: Sign Up for QuickBooks
To start using QB, you have to Sign up for an account. Users with an account can go straight to the Enable QuickBooks Integration section.
1. Initially, sign into BackOffice as a Business Owner
2. Next, click on the “Integrations” and then select the “QuickBooks Accounting”
3. After that, click on the link to sign up for a new account
4. Now, select “Buy Now” or “Free Trial” and then choose a version
5. Once done then enter all relevant information followed by clicking “Create account”
6. To finish the QuickBooks account setup, you have perform the remaining instructions
7. Finally, you have to complete the steps that are discussed below to enable ShopKeep QuickBooks Integration.
Step 3: Enable QuickBooks Integration
Link your QuickBooks Online account to ShopKeep to enable QuickBooks integration and start syncing register data automatically. You must first set up sales tax in QuickBooks before allowing the integration for the first time.
1. In the beginning, disable your web browser’s pop-up blocker
2. Next, sign into the BackOffice as a Business Owner
3. Click on the Integrations within the BackOffice tab and then select “QuickBooks Accounting”
4. After that, click on the “Connect to QuickBooks” and then enter QuickBooks login information within the pop-up
5. After you done with that then click the “Sign In” button
6. Now, click “Connect” followed by “Complete Setup”
7. Review the QuickBooks integration process, then select whether to post individual transactions or summaries to QuickBooks before clicking “Next”
*** Summaries (Default): Soon after the shift is completed, a summary of each register shift is posted as a single Sales Receipt.
*** Individual Transaction: Soon after each sale is completed, it is posted and returned as a separate Sales or Refund Receipt.
8. To allow the setup of the default ShopKeep accounts and items in QuickBooks, you have to click “Select Accounts”
9. Choose which QuickBooks accounts ShopKeep data sync to
10. Optional: Update the default QuickBooks account mappings and also Enable settings for posting locations, non-cash gratuity payouts, and cash expense payouts
11. After you’re done with that then click “Save” followed by the “Done” tab to complete the integration setup.
Steps to Update Account Mapping
You can change which QuickBooks accounts receive every single ShopKeep data. Updates to account mapping may take effect during the next register shift so do not alter data already in QuickBooks:
- Go to the BackOffice then click “Integrations and select “QuickBooks Accounting”
- In the next step, move to the Settings section and select the “Update Account Mapping” tab
- After that, click tabs in order to navigate different types of accounts
- Select the New QuickBooks accounts from the dropdown menu
- Finally, click the “Save” button in order to save all the changes that you’ve made.
View Synced Register Shifts
The Synced Shifts database lists all closed register shifts that were delivered to QuickBooks after the integration was enabled. View Journal Entries and Sales Receipts directly in QuickBooks and see when a register shift was closed, if it synced, and when it was closed.
- First, go to the BackOffice page and click Integrations then select “QuickBooks Accounting”
- To view the Synced Shifts table using the scroll down menu
- Status: A green check indicates that the register shift was successfully entered into QuickBooks, whereas a red x indicates that an error occurred.
- Shift Closed Time: The date and hour when the register shift ended.
- Last Sync Time: The register shift was synced to QB on this date and time. This is the date and time the register shift attempted to sync if there was a problem.
- Register Number: The register number on which the register shift occurred.
- Register Name: The name of the register on which the move occurred.
- After that, click Register shift in order to expand its view and then see Sales Receipts, Journal Entries, and errors
- Now, to open a Journal Entry or Sales Receipt in QuickBooks, you have to click “View in QuickBooks”
- At last, click “View Errors and Retry” in order to review QB Sync errors, if any.
One of the reasons QuickBooks is so popular is that it is a comprehensive system that can handle practically every accounting requirement. Businesses that need a full bookkeeping solution or have outgrown the reporting capabilities of their ShopKeep POS software can have a direct integration with QuickBooks, which can result in more time, profit, and energy to focus on their core company.