The benefit of using a CRM tool is that it allows you to organize many of your business operations and contacts in one place. It allows small business owners to make the most of their time. Another benefit of using a CRM like InfusionSoft (formally known as Keep) is that you can integrate two systems together without having to perform double entry if you’re already using tools like QuickBooks.
When it comes to organizing all of your information in one place, it will be best to integrate this two software. Let’s look at how this integration process works and check out the detailed guide in this particular blog.
- Why do you need to integrate InfusionSoft with QuickBooks?
- Steps to sync QuickBooks with InfusionSoft
- Detailed steps to setup QuickBooks with InfusionSoft
Why do you need to integrate InfusionSoft with QuickBooks?
APIs provided by QuickBooks and InfusionSoft, allow you to securely connect to and access your data. You can automate your critical procedures and save time and money by creating integration for your company.
- Save valuable time and resources
- Securely process high volumes of data
- Reduce data entry errors by eliminating double entry
- Trust your data with real-time updates.
- There will be a complete updating of all data. There is no need for manual entry because everything is done automatically.
- It will assist you in improving your small business.
- QuickBooks offers outstanding customer service as well as seamless integration.
- Every data entered can be verified for accuracy.
- By integrating inventory from any marketplace or retailer, it automates all of the tedious tasks.
- Post data from your InfusionSoft store to your QuickBooks account automatically.
- Track all your inventory, online orders, and shipping.
- Inform your InfusionSoft marketing automation with real time sales data.
- It’s no longer a problem to reconcile. Their sales and marketing teams may now connect to their accounting system of record, allowing them to spend less time balancing the books.
- It is critical to have all of your contacts in one place, and InfusionSoft makes it simple to import all of your contacts from QuickBooks.
- You may also effortlessly integrate your invoices and products, eliminating the need for double-entry. All you need to do now is sync your QuickBooks account to the infusionSoft software.
Steps to sync QuickBooks with InfusionSoft
- On the Settings page, click on the “Integrations”
- Hover over the QuickBooks cards and then click on the “Enable” button
- Now, you’ll prompted to sign-in to QB account
- Fill out email or user ID and password then click “Sign-in”
- After a few seconds, you’ll prompt a message at the bottom right-hand corner of the page allowing your QuickBooks account that has been connected successfully.
Detailed steps to setup QuickBooks with InfusionSoft
With this integration, you can export invoice and payment data such as cash payments, refunds, refunds, returns, and credits) from InfusionSoft and use it to update QuickBooks. Let’s start from the beginning:
Step 1: Getting Standard
The QuickBooks integration is disabled by default. Make sure you review QuickBooks integration documentation thoroughly before you begin using this feature. Follow the QB setup instructions in order. Do not skip or re-order any of the steps and also back up your QuickBooks data before every import.
Step 2: Prepare Products for import into QuickBooks
- Go to the E-Commerce >>> Products and then click on the product’s name
- Next, move to the QuickBooks information tab to enter:
- QuickBooks Product Name: The QuickBooks Product Name must be identical to the name or number you gave the product in QB
- QuickBooks Account Name: The Account Name on your QuickBooks Profit & Loss report must match the Account Name in QuickBooks. With a colon, not a space, separate the Account and the sub-account
- Now, save the product information
- You have to repeat the same process for the remaining products.
Step 3: Map InfusionSoft to QuickBooks: Accounts & Non-standard Products Types
- Start with navigating E-Commerce >>> Settings and then click on the QuickBooks within the Settings menu
- Next, enter QuickBooks Account Names into Max Classic
- Make sure that the account and sub-account names on your QB Profit & Loss Report must match exactly
- Separate the account and sub-account names with a colon and no space; for example., Initial Licenses: InfusionSoft
- Invoice Debit Account: Enter QuickBooks account name and applicable sub-accounts that update when a debit account is invoiced; for example, Accounts Receivable. This account may also differ based on your accounting method
- Payment Debit Account: Enter the name of the QuickBooks account and any appropriate sub-accounts that update when a debit account payment is made, such as Undeposited Funds or a bank name
- Payment Credit Account, Credit Account, and Refund Credit Account: Enter the names of the QB accounts that are updated when Accounts Receivable is credited. These parameters control what happens in QuickBooks when someone pays you (Payments Credit), when you give a customer a credit (Credit Credit), or when you give a refund (Refund Credit) (Refund Credit)
- Credit Debit Account, Refund Debit Account: Enter the names of the QuickBooks Debit Accounts that are updated when Accounts Receivable receives a credit or refund
- Add more Max Classic Product Types to QuickBooks (for manual orders). ‘Product’ is the default type. The information you provide into individual product and subscription records maps to QuickBooks for this type. When placing a manual order, your team has the option of selecting one of the following extra types: Program, Shipping Tax, Unknown Type, Service & Misc, Finance Charge, and Special
- Fill in the remaining fields on this screen to map the other product types
- The following fields are found in each new product section, such as Tax:
- Item Name Default: This is given to items that do not have a product item name in the order line item, such as Shipping
- Pass Item Description as the Name: Set to Yes to override the Product Name and send the item description instead of the item name to QuickBooks
- Item Account Default: This field associates the item type with a QuickBooks account, for example, shipping to a QuickBooks Account. The account and sub-account names must match those on your QuickBooks Profit & Loss Report. With a colon and no space, separate the account and sub-account names; for example, Initial Licenses: InfusionSoft (Keap)
Step 4: Train your Manual Order Entry Team
During manual order entry, your order entry team must appropriately classify line items (product, program, shipping, tax, etc.) so that QuickBooks can map them to the correct QuickBooks account during IIF file import.
Your QuickBooks contacts, products, and invoices will be linked to your infusionSoft application, and vice versa with InfusionSoft QuickBooks integration. Your invoices and products will be synced between infusionSoft and QuickBooks, which saves you time on double data entry. Spend less time reconciling two separate accounting systems and more time doing what boosts your business productivity.