Most of you must be familiar with QuickBooks as a means of handling accounting information. By integrating QuickBooks with Fishbowl, you can more easily manage both your inventory and your accounting, allowing for more productivity in your business. This can be the best add-on for your accounting software because it fulfills the QuickBooks services which are lacking. QuickBooks is unable to meet most company’s inventory management needs such as part tracking, barcoding, and multiple locations. Fishbowl integrated seamlessly with every desktop version of QB and QBO as well. Let’s go over some of the important information that you need to know for a proper Fishbowl QuickBooks integration in this particular article.
- How do you prepare for Fishbowl QuickBooks Integration?
- Steps by steps instructions to integrate QuickBooks and Fishbowl via QB Integration Wizard
- Features of Fishbowl integrating with QuickBooks
How do you prepare for Fishbowl QuickBooks Integration?
There are certain requirements that you should aware are the following:
- .NET 4.0 or higher must be installed on your system
- You must have accurate information in your QuickBooks before start integrating
- Make sure that you review all the detail and it should be correct
- Be sure about check inventory, customer, and vendor information
- Ensure values match in Fishbowl and QuickBooks that means you make sure that the values in Fishbowl and QB will match after integration
- Change all your inventory values in Fishbowl to zero. Then, when you import your QuickBooks inventory information, Fishbowl will update its values to match.
- It is important to close all purchases and open sales orders in QuickBooks. You have two options for how you can transition this information to Fishbowl:
- One option is to manually input the orders from QuickBooks into Fishbowl, and then delete the information off of QuickBooks.
- The other option is to fulfill all the orders in QuickBooks first, and then integrate it with Fishbowl.
Steps by steps instructions to integrate QuickBooks and Fishbowl via QB Integration Wizard
The QuickBooks Integration Wizard is basically designed to help you in the integration of accounting and warehouse management software. In addition, it assists you in importing data as well as choosing appropriate accounts.
Total Time: 11 minutes
Step 1: Installation of both QuickBooks and Fishbowl
1. In this step, you have to install QB on your server PC and Fishbowl on both the server and the client PC as well in order to have a successful integration
2. After done with that, you have to log onto the Fishbowl Client as an Administrator on your server PC
3. Then log onto the QuickBooks in a single-user mode
4. Now, select the “Configure” tab >>> click “QuickBooks Connection” button within the accounting integration module.
Step 2: Map your accounts
1. In the next move, you’ll be recommended to map your accounts and you can see a list of all the accounts that you need to map
2. Here, you have to review and decide on the accounts in QB which you want to prefer
3. Create any new accounts that you wish in QuickBooks before you move to further step.
Step 3: Create Users
1. In this step, you are prompted to create a user in QuickBooks and you’ll be using this while exporting Fishbowl to QuickBooks
2. Go to the Company menu and select the “Users” to create a new user
3. After that, click “Set Up Users and Roles”
4. Make sure that a new users that you want to create have names so that you can identify which is related to Fishbowl
5. Once you decided on the first user name then you need to assign as “Full Access” to that particular user
6. You can give it a password to make it more secure.
Step 4: Connect to the right database
1. Open your QuickBooks and connect it the correct database
2. Next, you can see an option to use the file currently open in QB with the Accounting Integration Wizard for QuickBooks File step
3. You can also use a specified file name for QB file step
4. You have to click the “File currently opened in QuickBooks” option
Step 5: Select the Access options
1. In this step, you can see the Fishbowl start the process of connecting to QuickBooks
2. Allow Fishbowl to access the company file if you’re prompted to allow access
3. You can choose to always allow access, only allow access when the QuickBooks company file is open
4. Or you’ll be prompted every time to decide if you want to allow access.
5. For more ease of use in the future, choose the option to always allow access
6. This way, you won’t need to have QuickBooks open on the same computer to export to QuickBooks.
Step 6: Set up the Default Accounts to Use
1. Go back to the Fishbowl and then select the QuickBooks file
2. Next, choose the option to use the file currently open and then proceed further
3. Now, you’ll be asked whether you want to use the default accounts on Fishbowl or your existing accounts on QuickBooks
Step 7: Finish the Integration process
1. Finally, select the items from QuickBooks that you want to import into Fishbowl
2. After the import is finished, click Finish to end the integration process
3. Fishbowl will handle inventory and purchase orders going forward, therefore you should disable those features in QuickBooks.
Features of Fishbowl integrating with QuickBooks
Some of the solutions that it offer after integration:
- Inventory management: It has extensive inventory management tools that help you manage numerous warehouses, track parts based on a number of criteria, set up auto reorder points, and produce bar codes.
- Part tracking: On a per-location basis, Fishbowl keeps track of the number and status of each part. You can check the Fishbowl database at any time to see how many raw materials and completed commodities you have on hand.
- Multiple locations: It can keep track of inventory in multiple locations. You can always view up-to-date inventory levels by location if you have many warehouses, stores, and/or offices.
- Order management: You can create all of your purchase orders, sales orders, pick tickets, and other important papers. It uses auto reorder points, in-depth reports, and improved warehouse management and picking processes to make order administration considerably easier.
- Shipping: Whether it’s acquiring inventory, transferring commodities between warehouses, or sending finished goods to clients, shipping is a vital function of any organization. Fishbowl integrates with a number of shipping options to ensure that your orders arrive at the correct locations and at the appropriate times.
- Reporting: You can create reports to graph sales and inventory data and anticipate future inventory requirements.
- Multi-Currency: This enables you to make and receive sales and purchase orders in any currency, then convert them back to your native currency for correct accounting and tax records, and more.
With the Fishbowl QuickBooks Integration, you can save many hours of work and ensure your records are accurate- which is an excellent benefit of integration. Moreover, Fishbowl has access to all important data that allows it to keep up with every new QuickBooks version.