QuickBooks provides awesome services for your businesses, especially track sales to specific customers. One who has accounts with the business that are debited when sales invoices are issued and credited when payments are made against the account? However, this accounting style is not sufficient for certain types of businesses that have more anonymous sales. To make it easy and simple, CiviCRM QuickBooks Integration is very helpful. CiviCRM Extension that helps you to integrates CiviCRM with QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Invoices are pulled into CiviCRM, changing the Contribution status, and CiviCRM Contacts and Contributions are pushed to your QuickBooks account. Synchronize everything! Considering various aspects, we have come up with this article, where we will be discussing all the facts associated with CiviCRM QuickBooks Integration. To unleash those facts and quick process, make sure to read this article till the end.
Let’s start the Integration process
Integration of two systems saves you time by not having to do repetitive data entry in your accounting system and CiviCRM. Using the CiviCRM extension, you can only synchronize contacts to QB from your CiviCRM when a contribution is added to them either via online payments or administrator action.
Moreover, if you’re updating from a prior version, you’ll need to generate new keys because CiviQuickBooks version 2 implements the OAuth 2.0 protocol for QuickBooks.
Steps for Installation
- First, make sure that the CiviContribute component must be enabled
- Next, you have to download the latest version of the same extension
- Now, unzip in the CiviCRM extension directory as defined in your “System Settings/Directories”
- After that, download the CiviCRM extension, Account Sync
- Once done then go to the System Settings / Extensions’ and enable both the extensions for Account Sync as well as QB Integration
- Now, you can see QuickBooks is available within your “Administer” menu
- To display the CiviQuickBooks Settings page, simply click “QuickBooks” menu
- Finally, update the CiviQuickBooks configuration using the steps explained below.
You have to generate QuickBooks consumer key and secret to use this extension:
- To do so, you will require an Intuit Developer account
- Sign up at https://developer.intuit.com
- This account must be added to the QuickBooks company being integrated as a user with the “Admin” user type
- Once you create and linked a developer account
- Move to the “My Apps” section and then select “Create new app”
- In the “Just Start coding” card, use the “Select APIs” and then select “Accounting API”
- Next, select the “OAuth 2.0 keys” from the App dashboard
- After that, copy the “Client ID” as well as “Client Secret” keys within the “Production Keys” section
- Paste these values into CiviCRM Settings page and then Submit
- Go to the Intuit Developer site; copy the Redirect URI which is available into the “Production Keys” section of your App.
- Initially, click on the “Authorize” link which is shown below the field “Access Token Expiry Date”
- It will display QuickBooks Authentication page
- Perform instructions and complete the authentication process
- After the authentication, you’ll be redirected back to CiviCRM
- And open the CiviQuickBooks Settings page
- To confirm QuickBooks authentication, a date will be shown in the field named “Access Token Expiry Date”
- In case, there will no date shown that indicates authentication has failed
- And you have to repeat the same process once again.
Map your QuickBooks product/service to CiviCRM Financial account codes
- Each QuickBooks Product/Service is identified by its own name. This utilized in the CiviCRM Financial account codes to ensure that each invoice in QuickBooks is accurately coded.
- To start with opening your QuickBooks company and then go to the Product/Services settings page
- Point out each QB Product/Service which you want to sync with CiviCRM
- Next step is to open the CiviCRM Financial Account Settings page
- (civicrm/admin/financial/financial Account) and update the associated Financial account’s ‘Acctg Code’ to match each QuickBooks Product/Service name
- Ensure that the Financial Type for the Contribution is selected to utilize the relevant Financial Account as the Income Account when creating Contributions in CiviCRM
- During sync, the Contribution line item will be assigned to the QuickBooks Product/Service that corresponds
- When a CiviCRM “Acctg Code” does not match any QuickBooks Product/Service name, that is, when no QuickBooks product/service with the same name exists, that line item will not be pushed through the invoice.
- Accounting Control: In the export process, a robust control system allows you to select which transactions you wish to export in each batch and ensures that each transaction is only exported once.
- Reduced Data Entry: It helps you in eliminating double data entry and saves you a lot of time so that you can focus on other productive work.
- Flexibility: You can organize, enter, and search your contribution data in any method that makes sense for your company, from configuration to data entry to export.
Integrating your QuickBooks with your CiviCRM is important to get a complete picture of your customers. These days many CRMs have an accounting integration and in some way, many are offering integration with QuickBooks. The one who uses QB then it’s pretty important to choose CiviCRM integration because this integration will surely do what you need to offer more insight into your accounts and business. The best thing is it saves time when generating invoices, and on your data input. So, if you keep this bigger picture in mind, use the integration features that are right for your business.