Do you spend hours and hours manually entering timesheet data, beating your head? Those days were gone. TSheets, a time monitoring firm, was introduced by Intuit in 2017. TSheets, the game-changing time-tracking app, is now integrated with QuickBooks. TSheets allows you to keep track of the time spent by each employee, customer, and project.
You can also effortlessly sync working hours into QuickBooks and manage payroll processes. But still many questions come into your mind like what does this integration mean? Will the integration become smoother? Will the payroll processing be done in minutes? Will the working of the two systems, when combined, become more streamlined? The answer to all your queries is “YES”. TSheets is now a QuickBooks native app, providing users with a hassle-free experience.
Get the Instant Solution with Live Chat Experts
Are you still not able to resolve your QuickBooks Integration issue? We have a team of QuickBooks Integration experts with years of experience in resolving errors and issues. If you need any help asap, CHAT NOW with our experts.
- How does TSheets help you in QuickBooks?
- Benefits: Integration of TSheets with QuickBooks
- How to integrate TSheets QuickBooks Integration
- Another way to Integrate Quickbooks with T-Sheets
How does TSheets help you in QuickBooks?
When it comes to time monitoring and data entry automation, TSheets can assist you with your business. It provides customers with mobile apps (iPhone and Android), dial-in, and text messaging options for clocking in and out using a Smartphone, desktop, or laptop. Managers can form groups of employees and track the timings of the entire team utilizing these software programs.
Do you want to keep track of your time in relation to your work and customers? Your staff can easily manage their time and check their performance against specific tasks and customers, providing them with a real-time view of the business operations. Most accounting software, such as QuickBooks, integrates smoothly with TSheets, making accounting and payroll procedures even more efficient.
The following are some of the basic features:
- Real-time reporting
- Records of billable time
- Send accurate invoices
- Check who is working currently using the who’s working feature
- Managers can use mobile apps to track their team from the field
- Generate advanced reports
- Receive overtime notifications and alerts
- You have the desired flexibility using the mobile applications
- Track time across multiple devices
- Seamless QuickBooks integration.
Benefits: Integration of TSheets with QuickBooks
With only a few mouse clicks, TSheets may be linked with QuickBooks. Some of the advantages that this integration provides are listed below:
- Payroll Management: Using TSheets in QuickBooks, managing payroll has never been easier. The two technologies work together to give users a single interface for tracking holidays and leaves, working hours, overtime, and other information. These details sync with QuickBooks, reducing the amount of time it takes to execute payroll. Additionally, the odds of duplicating manual entries are zero.
- Reports: You can generate accurate real-time reports with TSheets directly integrated into QuickBooks. View an individual’s project performance or learn about the tasks that took the longest. This will enable you to spot patterns in how employees spend their time, allowing you to make better decisions.
- Approvals: The time and hours entered by employees are completely within the authority of employers and management. They have access to the information and have the ability to approve or reject time before it is entered into the payroll system. Another feature makes it simple to notify employees when it’s time to clock in and out.
- Time Tracking: The TSheets QuickBooks integration enables for the syncing of customer addresses, allowing employees to clock into jobs based on their proximity to the job site. Simply enter the client information in QuickBooks, and the data will display in TSheets after synchronizing. Your staff will be able to clock in when they arrive at the job site because the mobile apps will recognize their position. To clock in, you don’t have to sift through a huge list of clients.
- Advanced invoicing and billing: TSheets assists businesses in accurately billing their vendors, allowing them to increase their profit margins. It also aids in the creation of accurate and precise client invoices.
- Job and labor costs tracking: This feature enables organizations to allocate personnel to certain clients, projects, or task codes, which can then be used to precisely manage costs and assess total profitability.
Supported Triggers and Actions
|New Clock In|
Triggers when an Employee Clocks In
Triggers when a new Job is created
|New Clock Out|
Triggers when an Employee Clocks Out
Triggered when you add a new account.
Triggers when a new bill is added.
Triggered when you add a new customer.
Triggered when you add a new estimate.
Triggers when a new expense is added.
Triggered when you add a new invoice.
Triggered when you add a new invoice (with line item support).
|New Sales Receipt|
Triggered when a new sales receipt is added (with line item support).
Triggered when a payment is received (with line item support).
|New Purchase Order|
Triggers when a new purchase order is added.
|New Sales Receipt|
Triggered when a new sales receipt is added.
Triggered when an existing customer is updated.
Triggered when a new vendor is added.
|Add a Job|
Creates a new Job
Add a new Item into the Timesheet against a specified Job
Clock In to a specified Job
Clock Out from current Active Job
Search a Job Using ID
|Create Bill (Item Based)|
Create a new bill, optionally tied to a customer.
|Create Bill (Account Based)|
Create a new bill, optionally tied to a customer (with line item support).
|Create Bill (Item Based)|
Create a new bill, optionally tied to a customer (with line item support).
|Create Credit Memo|
Creates a new credit memo.
Adds a new customer.
Create a new estimate (with line item support).
Creates a new expense using check, cash, or credit card.
Creates a new product or service.
|Create Journal Entry|
Creates a new journal entry.
Adds a new invoice (with line item support).
|Create Sales Receipt|
Adds a new sales receipt (with line item support).
Creates a new payment, optionally linked to an invoice.
|Create Purchase Order|
Creates a new purchase order.
|Create Refund Receipt|
Creates a new refund receipt.
Send an existing invoice.
|Send Sales Receipt|
Send an existing sales receipt.
|Create Time Activity|
Creates a new single time activity.
Updates an existing customer.
Updates an existing invoice (with line item support).
Adds a new vendor.
Find an account by name.
Find a customer by name or email address.
Find an invoice by number.
Find a product by name (with line item support)
Find a vendor by name.
|Find or Create Customer|
Finds or creates a specific customer v2.
|Find or Create Vendor|
Finds or creates a specific vendor.
How to integrate TSheets QuickBooks Integration
Using TSheets with QuickBooks Desktop is a breeze, especially now that TSheets is part of Intuit.
TSheets and QuickBooks Desktop can be used together directly
Users can set up their TSheets account within QuickBooks using the direct integration approach. In the United States (US), this option is only available to users of QuickBooks version 2017 and higher.
Make sure that the following settings have been applied in QuickBooks before integrating TSheets:
- Go to the Company-wide preferences, select the “Use time data to create paychecks”
- Next, click “Yes” for the prompt “Do you want to track time?”
- Now, set up the payroll items for each employee and then add each user within the Employee or Vendor section, if time track tracking is required
- Use the QuickBooks and TSheets on the same computer.
The following are the steps involved to integrate TSheets directly with QuickBooks:
- Initially, open your QuickBooks Desktop company file as an admin in a single-user mode
- Next, you have to enter Time then go to the Home screen >> Customer menu or Employees menu
- After that, click on the “Activate TSheets”
- If you already have a TSheets account then click on the “Sign In”
- If not then you’ll see a window with the option “Try TSheets for Free”
- Finally, hit the “Finish the Setup”.
TSheets and QuickBooks Desktop Integration based on the Web Connector
The Web Connector must be used by users who are not eligible for direct TSheets to QuickBooks Desktop connectivity. Before using the Web Connector to connect TSheets with QuickBooks Desktop, make sure you’ve used the same settings as the direct integration approach:
- Open the appropriate company file in a single-user mode with admin access
- Next, open the TSheets in the Admin Access mode
- From the feature Add-ons section, install the QuickBooks Desktop integration in TSheets
- To plan the import from QuickBooks Desktop into TSheets, you have to select the data
- To delete the existing jobs/customers in TSheets, type delete within the next window to begin the synchronization with QuickBooks
- When you reach the step to connect the Web Connector, select the “Advanced/Manual Setup
- To open the downloaded file, you are required to click on the blue web connector
- In the security window, select Yes, whenever this QuickBooks company file is open, and then click Continue
- Click on Update Selected after entering the four-digit password from Advanced/Manual Setup into the Web Connector
- Once the connectivity is complete, you can map your QuickBooks payroll items.
Another way to Integrate Quickbooks with T-Sheets
Steps to integrate QuickBooks and TSheets
- First of all launch QuickBooks.
- Now open the company file that you want to integrate with TSheets and sign in as an admin account in the single-user mode.
- Also, sign in to the TSheets as admin.
- In the TSheets on the left-hand menu go to Setup and select Add-Ons or in a few versions, it could be Feature Add-Ons and Manage add-ons thereunder.
- Search for QuickBooks Desktop Integration in the list and click on install.
- Under the select Options select whatever information that you wish to integrate and transfer to QuickBooks and then click on next. The selections could be any or all of the following:
- Delete all users.
- Import customers and jobs.
- Show service items.
- Show Billable.
- Show class.
- Import vendors as employees.
- On your first integration, any job or customer that you have already added to TSheets would be removed. A warning window will be displayed mentioning the same. If you wish to proceed further type delete and click on continue.
- Click on Advanced or manual setup and set up the web connector.
- Now click on the blue web-connector link and open the downloaded file and click Ok on the security window.
- In the next window click on yes and then click on continue.
- In the TSheets Web-Connector window under the advanced/manual setup locate the password.
- Now go back to the web-connector window enter the said 4 digit password here and click on save the password and then click on update selected.
- The sync will begin. After the sync is complete a congratulations window will pop up. Follow the on-screen instructions for setting up payroll and the integration is complete.
When TSheets are integrated with QuickBooks Desktop for Windows, businesses can achieve so much more. In many circumstances, running QuickBooks Desktop with TSheets on virtual machines rather than local desktops makes a lot of sense from a business standpoint. Moreover, you can receive a complete business solution that allows you to manage your employees, while also handling all of your accounting responsibilities.
Thus the aforesaid are the steps for integrating QuickBooks and TSheets. If you are facing any trouble in understanding the aforesaid steps kindly reach our QuickBooks Technical team on our Toll-Free Number ?smbaccountants.com and they will guide you.
How to promote integration between QuickBooks and TSheets?
From the TSheets left menu, you have to open the Setup. Then proceed forward with displayed guidelines to the Adds-Ons feature. After this, you have to choose the “Manage” option and all options will appear on your screen. Then, you have to locate the QuickBooks integration and click on the Install button. Hit the next click on the “Connect to QuickBooks” option. Now, you have to sign in. In any case, if you have multiple companies then choose the one to which you want to connect. Hit the click on the Authorize button and you are all done with this issue.
How to import employees from QuickBooks to TSheets after integration between them?
The initial step is to add the employees and their data into QuickBooks. From the upper right corner of TSheets and then hit the click on the “QuickBooks” which you currently used. Now, you have to choose the import option. Then, go to the right corner of TSheets and hit the click on QuickBooks. Now, you have to choose the Import option. To check and view the import details, choose QuickBooks. After this, you get access to the view of the sync log.
How does QuickBooks work with TSheets after integration?
Once integrated your QuickBooks with Tsheets, then you need to mark the job or customer as inactive in the QuickBooks.After this, you need to perform a sync process and open the customer menu. Hit the click on the Pencil icon which is just next to the customer. Move forward to uncheck the assignment to everyone. Then, the customer will no longer be visible to the employees. You also have the choice to remove the customer from TSheets just by clicking on the X.