A huge number of companies use QuickBooks as their accounting software to accomplish tasks like invoicing, payments, reporting, etc. Alike, many small businesses use G suite to manage their schedules and communicate with customers.
However, the accounting process also involves the sharing of financial information with clients via emails on a regular basis. Over the past few years, Google and Intuit have worked together to provide the best solutions for small businesses; whether they choose to work in Gmail or in QuickBooks.
Hence, integrating two platforms enables business owners to make it easier to communicate with their customers, maintain data accuracy, and get paid on time. Moreover, it integrates your important workflows to free you up to focus on your business instead of manually entering data, switching screens, or keeping track of bills. As a result, it reduces the amount of time they spend on the books and also reduces human errors. Let’s learn the process for QuickBooks Gmail Integration in this ultimate guide.
- Let’s begin the Process of QuickBooks Gmail Integration:
- Integrate multiple Email services with QuickBooks
- Steps to change Preferences for sending forms in QuickBooks
- Key benefits:
Let’s begin the Process of QuickBooks Gmail Integration:
Allow or enable less secure apps in your Google Apps account by contacting your Google Apps Administrator:
Total Time: 15 minutes
First, sign in to the Google Admin console
Next, click on the Security >>> Basic Settings
Now, select the “Go the Settings for less secure apps” under the Less secure apps
Move to the subwindow and select the radio button “Allow users to manage their access to less secure apps”
Or simply select the “Enforce access to less secure apps for all users”
In case, you select the “Allow users to manage their access to less secure apps”
Each user who requires QuickBooks email access must complete the following steps:
1. Move to the “Less secure apps” tab within “My Account”
2. Select the “Turn on” option which is next to the “Access for less secure apps”.
Integrate multiple Email services with QuickBooks
Hundreds of programs including email services such as Outlook, Hotmail, and Yahoo, may be readily integrated with QuickBooks.
The below are the following email services that sync with QB:
1. Set up Email Services in QuickBooks
Users that use Intuit’s services such as IMS, QuickBooks Payroll, QuickBooks Enterprise Full Service Plan, Accountant’s Copy File Transfer, and others are only eligible to use QuickBooks’ email service.
- Go to the QuickBooks Email Settings while setting up an email in your QuickBooks
- Next, move to the Edit menu, if you already set up an email
- After that, click Preferences >>> QuickBooks Email radio button from “My Preferences” tab
- Now, enter the necessary information and then hit “Ok”
- In the end, send a test email in order to verify the sync.
2. Integrate Outlook with QuickBooks
Microsoft Outlook is the most extensively used email service among small and medium businesses. As a result, staff will not have to learn anything new in order to integrate it with QuickBooks. Its user-friendly interface helps companies in client management and team communication.
Microsoft Outlook has the following features:
- Quick email processing
- Shortcut keys
- Free import and export of data
- Customized calendar
- Email attachment reminder
3. Steps to sync the QuickBooks with Outlook
- Initially, configure the Outlook email account that you want to use (if you have not done already)
- Next, collect all the information from Internet or email provider such as:
- Incoming email server address
- Incoming email server type
- Outgoing email server address
- Username and password
- After that, set up Outlook in QuickBooks
- Go to the Edit menu
- Select the Preferences >>> Send Forms
- Select the Outlook from “My Preferences” tab and then enter the details
- Once done then click “Ok”
- Finally, test whether the sync is successfully done by sending a test email to yourself.
4. Integrate QuickBooks with secure Webmail
Integrate your webmail account with your QuickBooks solution to send emails directly from the software if you want to use Gmail, Hotmail, or Yahoo email services. The methods are identical to those described above, although different email providers may require different SMTP servers, port configurations, and SSL security.
Steps to change Preferences for sending forms in QuickBooks
- To start with moving the Edit menu >>> Preferences
- At the left of the Preferences window click on the “Send Forms” window within the List
- After that, go to the “Send Email Using” and select the “Webmail” option
- Next, click on the “Add” button and QuickBooks will open the window “Add Email Info”
- Enter the email address within the Email Id field
- Now, go to the Email Provider field and choose “Others”
- Enter the “smtp-relay.gmail.com” (without quotations) within the “Server Name” field
- Enter the “587” in the Port field and confirm the SSL box must be checked
- Once done then click Ok twice and exit the preferences window
- At last, test using QuickBooks form or send an email to yourself to test the sync.
1. Send Payment reminders
Many times, customers forget to pay your bills on time or might be running late to settle his/her bills and every time you have to make calls for due payments. But now, you don’t have to follow the traditional process. If their payment is due in a few days or they’re behind schedule, you can send them polite reminders by integrating your email with QuickBooks.
2. Sync contacts
It is time-consuming to enter client and vendor contact information into QuickBooks and your email account. All contacts are automatically synced when QuickBooks and email services are synchronized, removing the need to manually enter contact information.
3. Send invoices directly
Creating invoice, printing it, scanning it again, and emailing it all were part of the old traditional procedure of sending bills to consumers. Even if a person spends the entire day doing such tiresome duties, he or she will only be able to send a few bills per day.
Users can send invoices through emails within QuickBooks just with the integration of email service. They will be able to save time and effort by not having to complete such tedious duties.
4. import/export data:
QuickBooks has made it easier than ever to import/export data from emails. Data from spreadsheets and other documents may be readily imported/exported using email integration, eliminating the need to copy-paste data numerous times.
Intuit’s QuickBooks provides a variety of choices for syncing different email providers, allowing users to submit data by email with the flexibility and ease they choose. While the software allows you to send emails, Intuit has also ensured that the information you provide remains safe and secure during data transfer. It is hoped that the above solutions save you some time QuickBooks Gmail Integration.