There can be a lot of boring jobs when it comes to running a business, especially for business owners who have a small team of staff having multiple responsibilities. If you’re responsible for providing a product or service, serving as a customer service agent for your company, handling all customer communications, and maintaining your own business finances, the weight of those responsibilities can soon build up.
To reduce burdensomely, Intuit has introduced HubSpot for QuickBooks, integration between QuickBooks (accounting software) and Hubspot (CRM software). All QuickBooks products are supported, but the initial enhanced integration is only available for QBO Advanced. Intuit intends to continue working with HubSpot on solutions that help businesses meet their evolving needs. If you’re also seeking a well-integrated set of solutions to address combined CRM and financial management needs. This article explains everything about Hubspot QuickBooks Integration in detail.
- Steps to install the integration
- Benefits of integrating Hubspot and QuickBooks
- Here are some of the major benefits of Hubspot and QuickBooks Integration:
- How to use QuickBooks Advanced features after integration
- Set up workflows in QuickBooks to automate tasks
Steps to install the integration
- In Hubspot account, you have to click on the “Marketplace” icon within the main navigation bar
- Next, select the tab called “App Marketplace”
- Now, use the search bar in order to find and choose the QuickBooks integration
- After that, click on the Install app in the upper right-side
- Login by using QuickBooks details
- Once the integration is successfully connected then it will be listed in your “Connected Apps” section
- Navigate to the Marketplace icon marketplace in the main menu bar to connect multiple accounts
- Select Connected apps from the Manage menu
- Select QuickBooks Online and, in the upper right corner, click Connect QuickBooks account. You can also click Disconnect to disconnect your account.
Benefits of integrating Hubspot and QuickBooks
Many business owners start by using spreadsheets to manage their financial and customer data. This arrangement may work while you’re initially starting out, but it’s simple to outgrow it quickly. Your time and data become more precious as your company grows and scales. As the customer base expands and financial duties increase, growing businesses require a CRM and accounting software. However, having this software on hand is not sufficient. To work them together, it is important that you need them to integrate.
Here are some of the major benefits of Hubspot and QuickBooks Integration:
1. Streamline processes
You may quickly and simply construct automation and workflows to streamline important business operations with this integration. If a client pays their new payment through your CRM’s accounting system, the information provided by the paid invoice can initiate a workflow that automatically populates the deal properties within their contact record.
Without having to undertake manual entry, your team can have a complete view of a customer’s payment status in one single location with this type of automation. Additionally, you’ll be able to produce and send invoices directly from your CRM, avoiding the need to switch back and forth between platforms.
2. Minimize errors
According to Tessian, the human mistake is responsible for 88% of enterprise data breaches. You may be exposing your company to financial and security concerns by relying largely on manual data management procedures and storing important information in unsecure files.
By adopting safe systems to store and handle customer and financial data for your company, you may save time and money by lowering the amount of time you and your staff have to spend inputting and processing data. Furthermore, when these two systems work together flawlessly, you can rest assured that your data is current and consistent across platforms.
3. Better internal and external communication
You may also streamline communication among your team members and customers by connecting QuickBooks with Hubspot. If your finance and sales departments are distinct, this integration might make sharing information between them much easier.
Furthermore, because your financial data will be linked to client records, you’ll be able to send tailored emails to customers based on their payment status and history, improving the customer experience.
4. Easy reporting
Your reporting processes will be streamlined if your customer and financial data are centralized. You can quickly generate custom reports, putting the important information you need to manage your business exactly where you need it, when you need it, when you no longer have to go searching for data in numerous spreadsheets and platforms.
How to use QuickBooks Advanced features after integration
You may also send invoices directly to the QuickBooks task manager, create QB workflows, and access additional reporting if you’ve connected your QuickBooks advance account to HubSpot.
Send invoices to the QuickBooks Task Manager
When a user prepares an invoice and submits it to QuickBooks advance, the quotation or deal data is delivered to QuickBooks task manager.
To get to the task manager in your QB account, follow these steps:
- Initially, login to your QuickBooks account
- Click on the “hubspot” in your left panel
- In the “To Do” screen, you have to click on the “View Tasks” option.
Set up workflows in QuickBooks to automate tasks
You can set up workflows in the “Task Manager” section to create tasks automatically when an action is required. You can choose from four typical workflows:
- Pay Vendor Reminder
- Payment Due Reminder
- Unsent Invoices Reminder
- Bank Deposits Reminder
A robust integration that allows your small business’ front- and back-of-house processes to operate together more effectively. Users of QuickBooks who also have a HubSpot CRM subscription can connect the two platforms to sync their data.
The following are some of the integration’s key features:
- Accurate data: Your teams won’t have to worry about contradicting or out-of-date information because all essential data is centralized in one place.
- Shorter sales cycles: Payments can be received, processed, and allocated rapidly when front- and back-of-house data is in sync.
- Faster approval times: Customers who have upgraded to QuickBooks Online Advanced have access to extra tools that allow them to create custom workflows and approval processes.
- Two of the most important aspects of every small business are the ability to bring in and track money and manage customer relationships.
- You can give a better customer experience by improving your processes in your CRM and financial management system, placing your company in a better position for growth and scalability.
As a small business owner, you want to be able to delegate time-consuming activities to technology so that you can better serve your customers and focus on growing your company. The best way to do this is to make sure that two of your most important systems, Hubspot and QuickBooks accounting software, can operate together effectively. This can be done with a proper Hubspot QuickBooks Integration.