The error usually occurs due to a damaged file or incorrect file settings. If you see multiple errors and you see specific file extensions. qbprefs.dll, ICWrapper.dll, qbupdate.exe, and RcnFndRequestHandler.dllthen damaged component will cause the problem in Microsoft Visual C++.
This error usually occurs when a user tries to install QuickBooks Desktop when a user upgrades its operating system to Windows 7 or Windows vista and you have not restarted the system right after the upgrade.
While installing the QuickBooks accounting software if you experience QuickBooks error 1904 whether it's your first time installing QuickBooks or you are upgrading your QuickBooks edition from earlier to the most recent version. This error intently identifies with the Microsoft parts needed to introduce and run QuickBooks on Windows. Frequently damaged Microsoft Visual C++ files trigger QuickBooks error 1904 during installation.
You may likewise see this error subsequent to changing to another Windows operating system (for instance Windows 10 installation on a Windows 8 PC). The error message unmistakably portrays the file that is causing the QuickBooks Venture error 1904 to develop. The error message peruses "We're Sorry! Something turned out badly with your installation. Error 1904.Module C:\Program Files (X86)\QuickBooks 2018\ICWrapper.dll" neglected to enroll".
What Causes QuickBooks Error 1904 Module Neglected to Enlist?
Various reasons including damaged Microsoft parts cause QuickBooks to show error message Error 1904 module neglected to enlist icwrapper.dll, different files you may see in this error are qbprefs.dll, qbupdate.exe, cv32.dll, QBversionTool.dll, and RcnFndRequestHandler.dll.
Following are a portion of the different reasons that cause QuickBooks 1904 installation errors to arise on Windows working systems.
- Installation of another Windows working system.
- A corrupted or damaged QuickBooks installer file is one of the major issues.
- Upgrading QuickBooks application rendition.
- A few Windows security applications are intruding on QuickBooks installation.
- The client doesn't need consent for installation on Windows.
How to get Error 1904 Module Failed to Register Quickbooks resolved?
There may be some situations when you need a different approach to get your issues solved.If you face or find any of the cases mentioned below, we suggest you run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool.
To run QuickBooks Install the Diagnostic Tool
- Close the error pop-up and complete the installation. Do not let QuickBooks Desktop Software close.
- Restart your system.
- If the installation remains incomplete, download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and run it on the system.
- Restart your system.
- If the issue still hasn't been resolved, activate QuickBooks built-in Admin and install QuickBooks with a built-in admin account.
Steps to activate Built-in Admin (Hidden Admin)
1. Step One: Open with Built-in Admin
- Press the Windows key once from your keyboard.
- Now, type CMD. Right-click CMD--> Open Command Prompt--> open cmd.exe and then click on Run as Admin.
- In Command Prompt, open as user Admin --> select Yes and then press Enter. (Tip to focus: If you face an error, click on user administrator -->active instead.)
- You can use Additional information in Microsoft Safe Mode.
2. Step Two: Switch to the Built-in Admin Account
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete from your keyboard and then select Switch User.
- For Windows 8 users: Open the Windows key and then select the user icon on the top right of your screen.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete from the keyboard and then open the default admin account.
3. Step Three: Hide the Built-in Admin account as it was before
- Press the Windows key from your keyboard.
- Now, type CMD. Right-click on CMD-->Command Prompt -->cmd.exe and then press on run as an admin.
- Now, see in the command prompt, open administrator/active: click on no and then press enter.
4. Step Four: Make some changes in the installation directory Security Settings
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files.
- Now, open the properties of the common file folders by clicking right on them.
- Now, click Edit in the Security Tab.
- Now, click on the user in Group and User names
- Now, you need to give the following permissions to the user in the Permission for User button.
- Read & Execute
- List Folder Contents
- Now, select Apply and then click on Yes.
5. Step Five: Install QuickBooks
- Now, try to install your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Once you install QuickBooks Desktop, log in with your original user account.
SMBAccountants is a dedicated platform to answer all your queries related to all the accounting software. Our best quality service and expert professionals bring the boost to provide the best services every time. You can find all connectivity channels on our website.
You can also find all the information and solutions that are uploaded by our Technical staff in order to provide handy assistance. Smbaccountants.com to get your issue listened to all year or avail of our Live Chat Support and get solutions and information according to your convenience around the clock.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the reasons that cause this error?
- The installation source has some issues.
- A few components are missing, damaged, or corrupted.
- There are permission issues for reading and writing on the hard drive.
- No update of the system or your software, so you have to update it.
Can I resolve it by doing manual solutions?
Yes, you can do manual solutions to resolve it. These solutions are:-
- Clean and install QuickBooks software.
- Uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop.
- You can run the Diagnostic Tool of QuickBooks.
- Also, rename the folders of QuickBooks software.
What is the important reason that the 1904 module failed to register QuickBooks?
The main reason is that there is a file or component that is damaged, missing, or corrupted. The file location may be wrong which is why your file is missing while running the QuickBooks Desktop software.
How do I fix the QuickBooks registration error?
Fix other activation or registration errors
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub. The QuickBooks Tool Hub helps fix common errors. You'll need to close QuickBooks to use the tool hub.
- Run Quick Fix from the Tool Hub. In the QuickBooks Tool Hub, select Program Problems. Select Quick Fix My Program.