Make Your Conversion
Converting QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro can be done by following the 2 procedures that are mentioned below. QuickBooks Enterprise is the upgraded version of QuickBooks Pro that cannot be downgraded. So, to go from QuickBooks Enterprise to QuickBooks Pro you have to migrate or transfer all your QuickBooks company data. Also, buy a license and then activate your QuickBooks software to get back to your workflow.
What is the Difference Between QuickBooks Enterprise and QuickBooks Pro?
When it comes to comparing QuickBooks Enterprise and Pro, the two most widely used editions of QuickBooks, there are notable differences in their features, pricing, usability, and security.
- Uses: QuickBooks Pro has all the basic accounting features and is more cost-effective for small and medium businesses.
- Security: Data security is an important consideration when selecting your preferred accounting software. In the case of QuickBooks Enterprise, the ability to set up over 30 users can potentially expose data security vulnerabilities. Conversely, the Pro version offers limited access, enhancing data security measures.
- Features: While both versions provide all the basic accounting features needed to run a business smoothly, the Enterprise edition offers some advanced accounting features.
- Pricing: QuickBooks Pro is specifically designed for small and medium-sized businesses, offering a tailored solution that caters to their needs. Moreover, Pro is more cost-effective compared to the Enterprise edition.
To Get Started, Please follow these steps:
- The size of your QuickBooks file doesn't matter; it needs to be below 350,000 targets. To reduce the size, refer to the guide on Trimming your QuickBooks Windows file for import. If you have over 350,000 users, it's recommended to stick with QuickBooks Enterprise, as it's designed for handling large files. When you condense your QuickBooks file, your transaction history gets deleted, and there is a risk of data corruption.
- Visit http://qbo.intuit.com/ to register for a free trial of QuickBooks Online.
- You can only import QuickBooks Desktop data within the first 60 days after starting your QuickBooks Online organization. Importing your QuickBooks Desktop file will replace your entire QuickBooks Online file and delete all existing data.
- The QuickBooks Online account level should be Administrator.
- To import your desktop file, you need to be logged in as the Admin user.
- For Windows, it is necessary to use Internet Explorer as no other browsers will work.
- If you encounter any problems with the file you are importing, please visit QuickBooks Online Import Errors.
Also Read: Convert QuickBooks Online to Desktop
Convert your Enterprise Company to QuickBooks Pro/Premier
Do you still use Enterprise even though you don't need it? Many Enterprise users don't need it or the associated costs!
Your Enterprise company file data will be converted to the Pro/Premier format by us.
Conversion Service Features
When you receive your Pro/Premier file, you can continue right where you left off! Our service converts ALL of the data in your company file!
- Financial and non-financial transactions, including banking, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, purchase orders, estimates, and everything in between!
- Payments applied to invoices are all links between transactions.
- Accounts, customers, vendors, employees, items, classes, and all other lists.
- Data about preferences, user names, and embedded subscriptions.
- Everything else from your Enterprise file has been converted.
What are the Reasons that Cause for not Converting the Data of QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro or Premium?
There are a few reasons that you must know so these are listed here:-
- The file size must not cross the limited file size that is a minimum of- 500 MB and a maximum- of 2 GB.
- If there is an active database of Enterprise that is not valid to let you convert into Pro.
- You have to check that no file in the present database is damaged if found then it causes you issues in converting data.
- The names of the QuickBooks Enterprise files are still 14,500 or if it is crossed then the problem happens.
What are The Tips or Things that you can do while converting QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro or Premium?
- You are going to downgrade your software that is converting QuickBooks Enterprise to Premium or Pro. This leads to the loss of all the features and benefits that you are having in the Enterprise software edition will be lost. Like
- After converting software, you can only link up to 3 accounts in QuickBooks Pro as it allows only this many users.
- You have to buy a new license to convert your software to any other edition. When you buy the license install the software and then activate it to continue working properly.
- When you are done converting the data then you get a file into your QuickBooks Pro software so that you can continue with your work.
- The files can be easily restored so don’t worry about the files that you have in your earlier software edition. You can easily access them in your newer QuickBooks edition.
Why Data Migration is Important to Convert QuickBooks Enterprise to Premium or Pro?
Conversion is required when you don’t want the current edition anymore. That is you are using QuickBooks Enterprise according to your business need but it changes so you can easily switch to the QuickBooks Pro software. So if the requirement change does change the software edition is accordingly and you also get the advantages and features.
The conversion depends on your business requirements. Follow the process and get it done easily with the below simple steps.
Note: To convert QuickBooks Enterprise to QuickBooks Pro, you need to remove or clean up unwanted entries or junk files in QuickBooks Pro.
What are the Procedures to Convert QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro?
Step One: Backup Company file from QuickBooks Enterprise and Restore to QuickBooks Pro
Backup your Company File from QuickBooks Enterprise
- Open QuickBooks Enterprise.
- Then click on the File menu and check that it shows you Switch to Single-user mode.
- Select the option to switch to single-user mode as you are in multi-user mode.
- Again, go to the File menu option.
- From the drop-down options, click on the Backup Company.
- Further, select the option Create Local backup.
- The Backup window opens up on your screen.
- In this, Select the Local Backup.
- Then proceed with the Next button.
- You have to click on the Browse button to search for the location where you want to save this backup file.
- You can also mention the number of backups that you want to do (Optional).
- Now it runs a test to check the backup file before saving it. So that if there are any issues or problems then you get to know in this step.
- After this, when you are ready with it the test reports are ok.
- Then click on the OK button to continue.
- In the end, click on the Save it Now button then click the Next button.
- Wait for it to create the backup file and get notified.
Restore Your Company File to QuickBooks Pro
- In QuickBooks Pro.
- Click on the File menu option.
- Select the Open and Restore company file.
- Choose the Restore a Backup copy.
- Then click on the Next button.
- Find the backup company file on your computer by clicking on the Browse button.
- Now you have to choose the folder to save the file.
- Click on Open.
- When everything is done, you have to click on Save.
Step Two: Export the Data From QuickBooks Enterprise and then Import it into QuickBooks Pro
A. Export Data From QuickBooks EnterpriseTo Export Data
- In QuickBooks, click on Customer/ Supplier/ Payroll Centre
- Click on the Excel drop-down menu
- Select the Export list if you want to export the contact information, balance, or name of the customer, employee, or supplier
- Select Export the transaction if you want to export any specific transaction
- Click on the option Create a New Worksheet
- Hit on the Export button
To Export Items
- Go to the Lists menu option.
- Then further, select Item List.
- Click on the Excel drop-down.
- Then choose the Export all items option.
- Hit on Create a New Worksheet.
- Click on the Export button.
To Export Reports
- Go to the Lists menu in QuickBooks.
- Then select Item List.
- Click on the Excel drop-down.
- Hit on the Create New Worksheet.
- Check the Preferences.
- Click on the option Export.
B. Import Data to QuickBooks Pro
- Click on the File menu.
- Further, Select the Utilities.
- Click on the Import.
- Choose Excel Files.
- Follow the instructions shown on your screen.
- In this, Select the type of data to import.
- QuickBooks formats all the data by providing you with an overview.
- Manually add any data by clicking on the Add My Data Now.
- Check and verify Preferences then click on the Close button..
C. Review Your Data
Review all the data that you have converted, transferred, or moved from one QuickBooks account to another. Check that no data is left behind if any then enter it manually into your new QuickBooks software. Do check for errors also so that you can fix them. After that, you are done.
D. List the Items That can be Sent to Your QuickBooks Pro Edition
There are a few items that you can transfer into your QuickBooks Pro account from your previous account.
These things are as follows:-
- The transactions that have links in between like you have applied the payment to the invoice.
- All the transactions that are non-financial and financial can be transferred. Such as Payroll, purchase orders, Account payable, and Account receivable.
How Does it Work?
The steps are simple:
- Use the link below to purchase and upload your Enterprise company file.
- Your Enterprise data will be converted to a QuickBooks Pro/Premier file and returned to you.
- You can use your converted data immediately after downloading it by opening it in QuickBooks Pro or Premier.
Steps to Use the Conversion Services
- Purchase one instance of the service for each company to be converted by clicking the Add to Cart button above.
- Create a data Conversion Request: After completing the brief process, you will be prompted to upload the file that will be converted to QBW. This can be a *.QBW company file, a *.QBB backup, or a *.QBM ‘portable’ file.
Your converted file will be emailed to you once we've completed the conversion.
Source company files can be from US Enterprise versions 6.0 - 23.0.
The data will be returned in the Pro/Premier file format, in the version requested - from 2017 - 2024.
According to the table below, the QuickBooks Pro/Premier version year must be the same or newer than the source Enterprise version.
If your Enterprise version is 21.0, the file can be converted to Pro/Premier 2021, 2022, 2023 or 2024:
- To open the Tools Menu, press ALT and T simultaneously. Then select Internet Options from the menu at the bottom of the page. Next, choose the Security tab from the top menu and deselect the Enable Protected Mode option.
- On the same page, click on Sites. Add the URLs "https://qbo.intuit.com" and "https://lvdc.qbo.intuit.com" one at a time to the Trusted Sites list. Afterward, click Close. While still on the Security tab, click on the Internet Zone, which is represented by a globe icon. Adjust the security level slider to either Low or Medium.
- Once done, click OK. Before attempting to import again, it is recommended to shut down and restart Internet Explorer.
- This blog aims to address any doubts you may have regarding the conversion of your enterprise company to QuickBooks Pro/Premier. If you encounter any unresolved issues even after reading this blog, feel free to contact the help desk team, available round the clock for users.
Upgrade to QuickBooks Enterprise from Desktop Pro/Premier
Efficiency and superior results are universal aspirations, and this applies equally to the use of QuickBooks accounting software. QuickBooks Desktop Pro or Premier users often consider upgrading to QuickBooks Enterprise to benefit from its core features, advanced inventory, and advanced pricing capabilities. Enterprise solutions offer specific functionalities that are not available in other versions. If you are a QuickBooks Desktop Pro/Premier user looking for a dependable guide to upgrade to QuickBooks Enterprise, then you have come to the right place.
An IT professional can help you with your network. An accountant can help you with your company file. You can also work with a ProAdvisor or QuickBooks Solutions Provider.
Step 1: Install QuickBooks Enterprise on Your Servers and Computers
You can ask an IT professional for help with your network setup if you need it. Check out the system requirements for QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise.
Step 2: Install QuickBooks Enterprise
Step 3: Move your data from Pro or Premier to Enterprise
Back up your company file before moving it to Enterprise. Once you move your file to Enterprise, you cannot open it in QuickBooks Pro or Premier.
1. Back up Your Company File
Before you proceed, back up your company file:
- Then select Create Backup from the File menu.
- Choose a safe location for your file, such as a different computer or server.
2. Update Your Company file
Once you have a backup of your current file, it's time to update your company file for QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise.
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise and open your company file.
- Enter the Admin password, and click OK.
- Check the box indicating that you understand that updating QuickBooks will also update your company file. Then, click on Update Now.
- Click OK to initiate a backup of your data, and follow the prompts provided to complete the backup of your company file.
- Click Yes to confirm that you want to update your file.
Fix Update Problems
We are here to help if you run into any problems when updating.
Error fixing for QuickBooks Enterprise
- Go to File, then Utilities, and choose Restore Backup For Earlier QuickBooks Version.
- Click on the three dots "..." located next to the Backup filename field.
- Browse to find and select the QuickBooks backup created during the update process, and click Open. By default, this file will be located in the folder where you last saved backup company files.
- Click on the three dots "..." next to the Restored filename field.
- From the "Save In" list, choose the folder where you wish to save the restored company file. We recommend saving it to your desktop for easy access.
- Enter a unique name for the restored file in the File Name field to avoid overwriting any existing company files, and click Save.
- Select OK to complete the process.
QuickBooks Previous Version Errors need to be fixed
- Click on the File menu, select Open or Restore Company, and choose Open a company file.
- Open the restored file.
- Click on the File menu, select Utilities, and then choose Rebuild Data. Follow the onscreen prompts to complete the process. Note: The Rebuild Data Utility will prompt you to create another backup. Enter a new file name, such as pre-update12.qbb, and ensure that you don’t overwrite any existing backups.
- Once the rebuild process is complete (which may take a while depending on the size of your company file), exit your previous version of QuickBooks.
- Open QuickBooks Enterprise, click on the File menu and select Open or Restore Company.
- Select the newly rebuilt company file located on your desktop, and click OK to open it.
3. Set Permission list
Using QuickBooks Enterprise will be just like using your previous version of QuickBooks.
4. Activate QuickBooks
Find out how to activate QuickBooks Desktop for Windows. QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions offers many benefits, such as technical support.
I trust the preceding information in the post aids you in transitioning from QuickBooks Enterprise to QuickBooks Pro, assuming you've successfully imported the data. This article will guide you through the essential steps required for the smooth conversion of data between QB Enterprise and QB Pro. Throughout this post, we will utilize QuickBooks Online as a comprehensive platform for importing the data.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Transfer QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro?
The QuickBooks Pro/Premier version year should match or be newer than the Enterprise version year of the source, as illustrated in the table below. For instance, if your Enterprise version is 22.0, the file is compatible with conversion to Pro/Premier versions 2022, 2023, and 2024.
How can I switch from multi-user mode to single-user mode to start the process of converting QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro?
In your QuickBooks Desktop software, you have to click on the File menu option. You get more options from it. So if there is an option displaying switch to single-user mode then you have to click on it. But if it is not displaying then you are already in the single-user mode. You can continue with the conversion process.
Can I have any Version of QuickBooks Pro for Converting From QuickBooks Enterprise Desktop?
Yes, you can download install, and use any version of QuickBooks Pro according to the availability or what you want to use. So you can install it but then take its license and run it properly.
Can QuickBooks Pro open a QuickBooks Enterprise file?
Before transferring your data to Enterprise, ensure you create a backup of your company file. Once the file is moved to Enterprise, it cannot be opened in QuickBooks Pro or Premier.
How do I convert QuickBooks Enterprise Company to pro?
Converting Enterprise to Premium or Pro
- Open QuickBooks Desktop Pro.
- In the "No Company Open" window, choose "Create a new company".
- At this point, you have two setup options. If you want to start right away, select "Express Start" or "Start Setup". If you prefer a comprehensive setup with all your information from the beginning, choose "Detailed Start".
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the setup. Note: If you already have an existing company file in QuickBooks, make sure to give your new company file a unique name. This prevents accidental data overwrite.
- Select "Start Working" to begin using QuickBooks Desktop Pro.
Can a QuickBooks Company file be changed from enterprise to premier?
What is the process for purchasing and uploading your Enterprise company file? Simply click the link provided below to initiate the purchase. Once completed, you will receive a converted file that has been transformed from your Enterprise data into a QuickBooks Pro/Premier file. Upon downloading the converted file, you can immediately begin using your data by opening it in QuickBooks Pro or Premier.
How do I Downgrade QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise?
- Go to the Help menu and click on "Manage My License."
- Select "Switch to" and choose the desired version.
- Enter the new license number and product number.
- Click on "OK" to initiate the conversion process.
Can you convert QuickBooks Enterprise to QuickBooks desktop?
If your client is using the Enterprise edition, you must also use either the Enterprise or Enterprise Accountant edition. In the meantime, you can make use of the trial license for the Enterprise edition. Alternatively, if you don't have access to the required edition, you may need to purchase a third-party downgrade service to convert the file.
Can I transfer QuickBooks Enterprise to Pro?
QuickBooks Enterprise is a newer edition of QuickBooks Pro that can't be changed to an older version. So, if you want to switch from QuickBooks Enterprise to QuickBooks Pro, you'll have to move all your company data from one to the other. Additionally, remember to purchase a license and activate your QuickBooks software.
Can I go from QuickBooks Enterprise to QuickBooks Premier?
Converting a QuickBooks Enterprise company file to QuickBooks Pro or Premier involves transferring all data seamlessly. This means that after the conversion, you can pick up right where you left off, without the need to fix or re-enter any data.
Can QuickBooks Pro Open a QuickBooks Enterprise file?
Transfer your data from Pro or Premier to Enterprise. Before the transfer, it is important to create a backup of your company file. Keep in mind that once you move your file to Enterprise, you won't be able to access it in QuickBooks Pro or Premier.
Is QuickBooks Pro the same as QuickBooks Enterprise?
QuickBooks Pro Plus primarily caters to individual or personal accounting needs, whereas QuickBooks Enterprise is tailored to meet the requirements of small and medium-sized businesses, as well as accounting firms, supporting up to 40 concurrent users. QuickBooks Premier Plus is a fitting choice for businesses with up to 5 simultaneous users, especially those in need of industry-specific features.
How do I change QuickBooks Enterprise Edition?
- Click on "Help," and then choose "Upgrade QuickBooks."
- Select the version you wish to upgrade to, and then click "Upgrade Now."
- You have the option to retain a copy of your current QuickBooks version. To do so, click "Keep old version on my computer," and then click "Let's go."