Clio is a comprehensive solution to practice management needs. It consists of time-tracking and billing features that are especially helpful in making the administrative side more efficient and capturing time accurately. The extensive integrations with QuickBooks can become a huge help for simplifying and streamlining your practice.
They can work together to create a superb cloud-based, automated solution for your tedious tasks. To make your work easy and simple, let’s know the procedure Clio Integration with QuickBooks and explore more detailed information in the below write-up.
How does Clio work with QuickBooks?
Clio makes running a law practice simple for legal professionals all across the world, and Clio and QuickBooks work together to simplify legal accounting and client fund administration. Ensure that all client trust transactions are in sync and that all expenditures are accounted for, whether you’re a lawyer or a legal accountant.
When these world-class systems are in sync, full visibility is maintained into trust and operational accounts formed between your practice management and accounting solutions. Less manual labor means more billable hours.
1. Time-tracking made simple
Clio customers can simply save every minute of billable work to a case with several time-tracking capabilities available on both our mobile and web apps, whether they’re working from an office, or on the go.
2. Flexible client billing
With client-first features like payment plans, customizable invoices, and online credit card payments, you may improve client satisfaction by removing confusion and bringing transparency to the provision of legal services.
3. Sync financial information and print checks
Sync contacts, invoices, financial information, trust transactions and disbursements seamlessly between both tools, eliminating repeat data entry and manual check writing.
4. Instantly generate a trust request
Easily generate a trust request that clearly labels the type and amount of funds requested. See when trust requests have not been paid and know exactly when money has been deposited. Apart from all, Clio’s trust request tool ensures that your company’s accounting is free of errors.
5. Track your trust accounts and client ledgers with ease
Clio’s trust accounting feature labels and tracks clients’ funds in trust accounts. You may easily reconcile trust accounting by tracking various bank accounts and organizing your client trust money by matter and client.
6. Avoid errors in trust accounting
Clio makes it easy to record advance fees, payments and reconcile trust accounts. Transfer funds to operating accounts, mark your clients’ invoices as paid and streamline your monthly billing process to just a few clicks.
Setting up Clio QuickBooks Integration
You must have a QuickBooks account in order to sync Clio with QuickBooks. Thereafter, the initial sync may take up to 24 hours to complete, but it will happen every five minutes.
1. Users can do the following with the existing integration:
- Clio and QuickBooks Contacts Synchronization
- QuickBooks contacts/customers will not be synchronized to Clio and will have to be input manually.
- Only contacts with unpaid invoices that have been approved in Clio will sync to QuickBooks.
- If you update a Clio Contact in one app, it will be updated in the other once they’ve been synchronized.
- Clio invoices can be synced with QuickBooks (one-way from Clio to QuickBooks).
- Clio will sync payments and credit notes applied to Bills with QuickBooks.
- Clio to QuickBooks trust transactions sync (one-way from Clio to QuickBooks).
2. QuickBooks suggested Settings
There are two options in your QuickBooks account that should be enabled before syncing to Clio to ensure that invoices sync properly between your Clio and QuickBooks accounts and to prevent invoice number duplication.
Follow these procedures to enable “Custom Transaction Numbers” in QuickBooks:
- Go to the Gear icon in order to open the Settings Menu and then select “Account and Settings”
- Next, click “Sales” tab and then hit the pencil icon to edit the Settings “Sales Form Content”
- After that, check mark the box which is next to “Custom Transaction numbers” and then click “Save”
- Now, go to the “Advanced” tab and then click on the pencil icon to edit the “Preferences” settings
- Check the box which is next to the “Warn if duplicate bill number is used” and then hit the button “Save”.
If you’re using QuickBooks before Clio, make sure your initial invoice number in Clio is higher than your last QuickBooks invoice. This is because both systems will automatically number your first invoice as 1 by default, and this should be changed to avoid duplication errors.
3. Steps to connect Clio to QuickBooks
To sync your Clio account to your QB account,
- You simply, go to the Settings and then click “Bill Syncing”
- Next, click on the “Connect” which is to the right of QuickBooks Integration
Note: Only account administrators are allowed to access the “Bill Syncing” within the Settings panel.
- Click “Connect” button to allow access to your QuickBooks account
- Once you have connected your accounts then you will be able to configure QuickBooks sync.
Clio and QuickBooks are two amazing programs that simply sync together with the help of above suggested steps. However, both software are cloud based products that can be easily accessible anywhere, anytime where there is internet connection. There is no size limit as to how many documents and files you can store